Scavenger Hunt from Life #107: Mar 16-Mar 24

Joan T

It seems like our scheduled host, Ned is missing in action or forgot. I don't want to step on any toes but have come up with a list for us.
Scavenger Hunt #107: March 16-March 24

Apple or other fruit
Basket or something to carry things in
Candle or something that gives off light
Desk or table
Egg or breakfast item
Flower
Garden tool or item
Hat or something to wear on your head
Ink bottle or pen
Juicy
Kitten or small animal
Landscape
Man-made
Nature
Odd item
Pot or pan
Quarter of coin
Roll or bakery item
Shell
Trombone or other musical instrument
Umbrella
Vegetable
Water or something water related
Xtra item of your choosing
Yellow
Zipper

Hi, Ned, Ai, and Joe!

Happy St Patrick's Day to all!!!

It was a beautiful, breezy day. I was able to get two small paintings (5 x 7) done today.

1 - landscape - watercolors

IMG_4842.jpeg

2 - water - watercolors

IMG_4845.jpeg

Thanks Joan. Thanks for th3 list and thanks for paintings that are familiar and inspire.

Fletch

hello everyone.

Joan - Thanks for helping Ned and us with the next list. Always a pleasure to see one of us got out the tools today and shared. Breezie sketches touching the anticipation of another spring and summer.

Here's to another 9 days together with Art....:love:

Robin, good to see you posting. How is the move going?

Fletch, thanks. Couldn't resist some familiar places.

Ai, thanks!!

#1 yellow ...stamen area of faux flowers decorating Iris's test center cafe...pen & wc

...Today I take a day off to hang out waiting for Iris's national college entrance exam, last day now!.

20240318_085712.jpg

20240318_085513.jpg

20240318_083244.jpg

#2 man-made -- a Buddha pavillion at entrance of the school which hosts Iris's entrance exam. I was sketching it thru the school cafe's window....pen&ink..about 1 hour.

20240318_101818.jpg

20240318_104409.jpg

#3 water related ...a small rock garden with waterfall feature...done in direct watercolor

20240318_115227.jpg

#4 Thai tradition bamboo basket over shoulders...In the old time Thai vendors will put this system over his or her shoulder...and carry heavy load in this set of baskets...

20240318_133627.jpg

20240318_133137.jpg

Ai, I'm glad you had sketching to do while Iris was taking the tests. She should be done by now, since you are a day ahead of us. Nice colorful sketch of the flowers and the entrance to the Buddha pavilion. I hope the falling water in the water feature was relaxing. Nice work on the baskets. When does Iris get the test results? I will continue to send good vibes her way.

Joan, thanks for the list.

Ned, the time goes by way to fast now!

Joan, love the landscape and the water. Nice for you to find a lighthouse.

Hey, Fletch.

Robin, nice to see you.

Ai, lovely way to calm the nerves and do your waiting. The flowers are so colorful. Fun to see the lines first. The pavillion entrance came out so nicely. Pretty. The waterfall has so much movement. Cool. The baskets are part of history, eh? Well done.

Thinking of you all. Gene starts physical therapy today working on walking better. So I'll have sketching time if I can find inspiration. Maybe a nap instead. Ha.

Joan: Thanks so much. She will know her score in a month, then she can choose her college and major based on her score. Thus the finalize of her college choice will be over by late May.... Whew !!!

Jo: Thank you so much. Take it easy and wish Gene speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Jo, thanks. Hope Gene's physical therapy helps with his walking and balance. I'm sure you can find some items, or substitutions for items in the hunt. Good luck!

Yesterday was Jerry's birthday and for dinner we had lobster rolls, oysters on the half shell, and clams. I saved some of the shells to use in a sketch.
3 - oyster shells - watercolors, ink, and an Elegant Writer pen

IMG_4856.jpeg

5 - garden tools - watercolors and ink

IMG_4858.jpeg

Joan: Beautiful shells and amazing details of the garden tool shed... Bravo

Ai, thanks.

Joan, amazing shells. Lobster rolls sound good. I can't do oysters. Had them once with the in-laws to be of my best friend in Lake Charles, LA. They were so proud to have us try oysters. I just closed my eyes and swallowed. About 20 at the time and never tried them again in 60 years. Ha. The shed with the tools is so good. You find neat things and we enjoy seeing them.

Back