Scavenger Hunt from Life #94: Dec 6 - Dec 14

Jo Castillo

Supporting Member
I'm posting this for Robin, a repeat of a Hunt she did from last spring:

Here we go!
For guidelines please refer to Hunt 93

This list consists of three sections.

SECTION ONE ———Draw things relating to the listed body part not the parts themselves necessairily. Example list - hand- handle, soap, or a yawn! oOr if you wanna “go deep” with our friend Fletch, for foot you could sketch the toothbrush you use to clean off the bottom of shoe when you step in it!
The main point is to have FUN, (no pun intended), and it IS a three letter word ……(oh, ….I see another way to make a list…..maybe next time)…..anyway fun is a very important word we wanna try and work into the experience because it’s very, very good for your heart!!!

SECTION TWO - - - Numbers 15 - 22 is to sketch either different pairs or different two of a kind. Each 2 in the set counting as two in the list. Example- a pair of socks counts as 15 & 16.

SECTION THREE. Consists of four free spaces. Ned should have room to squeeze in an amazing sketch or two.

CHALLENGE- draw as many of the related items being what you would use in one day.

So, BIG HUG, and here we go!

Scavenger Hunt from Life #94: Dec 6 - Dec 14

1….hair
2…head
3…eyes
4…ears
5…mouth
6…nose
7…neck
8…arm
9…hand
10…finger
11…waist
12…butt
13…legs
14…feet
15 & 16 ……pair or two different of a kind
17 & 18…… pair or two different of a kind
19 & 20……pair or two different of a kind
21 & 22…….pair or two different of a kind
23…free space
24…free space
25…free space
26…free space

Thanks Robin for all you do, I hope you don't mind that I recycled this for you..... Hugs.

From a dog park ...I was on an observation deck.

#1-2 ..2 kinds of canine...pardon my dog ratio, they never were still

20231207_180642.jpg

#3-4 ...two decoration items at the dog park ..path stones + a bench

20231207_181729.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, Thanks Jo…..I didn’t realize I was up for hosting….THANKS ALOT…..I am gonna keep in the “ring” as best I can everyday

Ai. - those dogs make me smile. They are so different but they look kinda mischievous… creative idea is neat pair of decorations

Ai, the doggies and decorations are super. I'm grinning.

joe1lt, thanks for comments.

Robin, hey there. Nice to see ya.

#5-6 Two tiny ceremic pieces ...1) directwatercolor 2) add ink line on top of wc later ...I am not used to this ...uhm

20231208_092849.jpg

20231208_094451.jpg

20231208_082952.jpg

#7-8 Two exam takers
20231208_094340.jpg

Hi NedL, Joe1, and JoC

Ai -pretty good images for being so tiny. I always love the immediacy and body language of your in class sketches…

1 hand related
2 ear related
3 finger related
Gel pen
IMG_2242.jpeg

Jo & Robin, thanks for the new list.

Ai, what fun sketches from the dog park. I love the doggies themselves and the cute decorative paw-shaped stones and the dog biscuit bench. Your tiny ceramic pieces are pretty...and tiny to sketch. Those kids seem to sneak in all the time while they are taking exams. 😄

Robin, great job on the nail clippers and the hard working hand cream. I know when you are a caregiver it seems like your hands are constantly in water so cream like that is a must. I'm not quite sure what that is for the ear...it looks like there is a brush at one end.

I've been busy getting ready for the show my plein air group is doing this weekend and then doing the sketches for the Usk Sketchmas...but I did find a few minutes to sit down and do some hunt items.

Both of these were done with Procreate and I used layers.

1 & 2 - a pair of gloves

IMG_0107.jpeg

3 - related to a head (a hat)
IMG_0108.jpeg

Ai -- I like the dogs!! :) It's "brave" to try something new like ink over direct watercolor.. those are tiny!

Robin -- Hi! I like the brown color of your gel pen, and the badger balm one came out really good. Reminds me that I'm out of shaving soap... I'm gonna look like a scruffy old retired guy if I don't get some soon. On second thought... :)

Joan -- Like your new digital drawings/paintings ( what do you call them? ) ... not for me though. After decades in front of a screen I need physical paper and seeing the ink or print on it! You sure are picking it up fast!

Jo, Joe1 -- Hi 👋

This didn't feel like it went very well, and my light ink wash water brush ran out, but it was very successful for that "peaceful lost in the drawing" feeling. Where I ate my lunch today.

#1 free space
IMG_1731rs.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all for kind words. I am heading out to a city "Culture & Food Sketch" zone of Bangkok called Banglamphu. Hope to get something to share with you all. :giggle:

Joan: Good luck with the show. Your arts are amazing and charming. Good digi in both pieces... and now you doing layers...wow.

Ned: What an incredible place to have lunch... Thanks for captureing it and sharing it with us. Pls. remember you can draw more than 4 times of "Free space" item-like....lol

Robin: Your dancing lines never fell to seduce me. Glad you can find time and simple pen to start dancing on paper pages.

Ned, thanks. I guess I call them digital sketches. I don't call anything drawings for some reason...who knows why? I like your lunch location. Places like that relax you and are good for. your digestion. Where are we going for dinner? lol

Ai, the digis are fun to try, but will never replace actual sketching.

4 related to my mouth - watercolors and ink
IMG_4180.jpeg

5 - pair of dumpsters that are different (The one on the right is only for cardboard.) - watercolors and ink

IMG_4181.jpeg

Robin, Oh, I love your lines and hatching. Fun and clever finds. The brush looks like something Gene would like. He's always trying to clean his ears. I don't like anything in my ears. I'm so happy to have headphones now that are outside the ear. I got some bone conductor ones, cheapos, just for listening to baseball. Gene has fancy Aftershokz to use on his trike, he needs to hear outside noise like cars and barking dogs. Ha.

Joan, love the gloves and hat. Nice form and colors on your digis. I want to go with you for coffee. Looks so nice and yummy snack. The garbage bins made me smile. Nice work on background and all. Excellent.

Ned lovely beach scene. Great place for lunch. I would get sand in my lunch. You and Joan make me think I would love the beach. Not gonna happen. My idea is to go to a nice restaurant with a view and have some seafood!!

On my computer I get "Similar Threads" below and it has Scavenger hunt #60 that Robin put up last time, so I went and looked to see what I sketched that time. I may try a repeat and see how my items look in a new medium or something.

Jo, I looked back at Hunt 60 because I swore to myself I hadn't seen this list before...but I participate. Sketched a lot of people too because I was doing the 100 people challenge. Will have to get to work more on this one.

Good day ya’ll.

Joan - happy showing! Nice to be in with a local active group. Big city perk. Nice work on the digits :) I do prefer hard copy art but the immediacy of digital is seductive and frustrating at same ti…. I just dabble. it’s fun but my works disappear on only computer or some tiny obscure piece of plastic.
Now that coffee snack is my kind of multitasking!

Ai I bet you are out right now , brush in hand…..hope you get a good catch.

Ned - your “quick feed” sketch is refreshing…..the air and salt in every bite…..a strong environment dose (y)

Jo C - hi …i will redraw the ear thing is a soft plastic corkscrew …..very gentle for itching ears and extra ear wax. Second you on preferring exterior ear devices. Enjoy your morning coffee:)

My artworks from Sketchwalk+Food sketch of Bang Lamphu district of Bangkok.

#9 free space1

20231209_123145.jpg

20231209_121651.jpg

#10 free space#2 -- food sketch #1

20231209_212613.jpg

#11 free space#3 -- food sketch#2.. fruits
#12 use with mouth -- drinking straw in coconut

20231209_170818.jpg

Attachments

• 20231209_130622.jpg
    20231209_130622.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231209_215121.jpg
    20231209_215121.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Joan, I didn't really remember it and was surprised what I sketched, too.

Hi Robin.

Ai, that is an amazing large tree. Yummy bakery goods, makes me go looking for a snack. The fruit and coconut drink are fun. So happy you share with us.

I sketched on the porch for the two coffee cups and at the table for the bear and mugs. This is one page in the large Canson Mix Media sketchbook with Pentel and Piochoo marker/pens. Both sketched in #60. All too similar. Ha. Except I did the bear one in pastel.
#1 pair of cups
#2 hair - on bear #3 pair of mugs from the adult kiddos. Joanna went to The University of Texas in Austin and Larry went to Texas State in San Marcos. It says Mom on it. Couldn't get the gold lettering. Need to get a roller in gold.

csshfl94hair-mugs.jpg

Back