Weekly Art Event Nov. 26 - Dec. 3

Yes, Viv. Indy is very good. I only use the mobility scooter for shopping and still walk everywhere else with Indy, using either my stick or a wheeled walker. I’ve put shopping bags on the walker as I find groceries too heavy to carry these days. Its a cold, sunny morning with ice on the puddles and bird’s water, but no wind!

I finished my "shine" painting using Artrage digital oils using a reference from Pixabay by Myriams-Fotos. I picked it to get some extra practice drawing hands (what was I thinking?????)

I started with a freehand sketch and then locked the layer. That means I can't accidentally paint on that layer.

I used color sampling in Artrage to get the colors although I did vary them some. This was painted in two layers and then the two layers were merged together into one. I wanted to be able to blend the wrist going into the shadows but sometimes it does funny things if I try to blend too much after the merge.

20211126D Candle in Hands (Pixabay).jpg

I finished my "shine" painting using Artrage digital oils using a reference from Pixabay by Myriams-Fotos. I picked it to get some extra practice drawing hands (what was I thinking?????)

I started with a freehand sketch and then locked the layer. That means I can't accidentally paint on that layer.

I used color sampling in Artrage to get the colors although I did vary them some. This was painted in two layers and then the two layers were merged together into one. I wanted to be able to blend the wrist going into the shadows but sometimes it does funny things if I try to blend too much after the merge.

View attachment 14037
I love it! The colors are so warm and inviting, and the light and shadows are great.

Reactions: ams
Yes, Viv. Indy is very good. I only use the mobility scooter for shopping and still walk everywhere else with Indy, using either my stick or a wheeled walker. I’ve put shopping bags on the walker as I find groceries too heavy to carry these days. Its a cold, sunny morning with ice on the puddles and bird’s water, but no wind!
I'm only 36, but thanks to an autoimmune disease targeting my joints, I've had to use a cane and occasionally a wheelchair since I was 29. I feel for you. Losing mobility sucks. But at least we live in an age of medical technology of scooters and wheelchairs and such. Still waiting on a jetpack, though! 😉

Thanks for the prompt Anne. The first thing I thought of was metal, followed by jewellery. I didn't just want to draw some so I started thinking about jewellery in stories, and I remembered the poem The Jackdaw of Rheims by Richard Harris Barham. It features a jackdaw who steals a ring belonging to the Cardinal of Rheims. The Cardinal, determined to find the thief (not knowing it was the jackdaw), places a curse on whoever stole it, but nobody seems to be affected ... here's the jackdaw at his nest, feeling a bit worse for wear and wondering whether to just give it back.

It's ink and watercolour on Botanical Ultra Smooth paper, size A5. It took about 3 hours altogether.

20211128_185715.jpg

Penny - two more good ones! I like the harvest moon. And I do have 'Bring me Sunshine' stuck in my head now!

Anne - very good, I love the light on the hands.

Thats wonderful Penny and I remember them well. They were great fun! Well done!
Thanks, Viv. I’m pleased you know them. I don’t know whether they have swum into the ken of many people outside the UK. They brightened many a weekend with their television shows, they were so entertaining.

Thanks for the prompt Anne. The first thing I thought of was metal, followed by jewellery. I didn't just want to draw some so I started thinking about jewellery in stories, and I remembered the poem The Jackdaw of Rheims by Richard Harris Barham. It features a jackdaw who steals a ring belonging to the Cardinal of Rheims. The Cardinal, determined to find the thief (not knowing it was the jackdaw), places a curse on whoever stole it, but nobody seems to be affected ... here's the jackdaw at his nest, feeling a bit worse for wear and wondering whether to just give it back.

It's ink and watercolour on Botanical Ultra Smooth paper, size A5. It took about 3 hours altogether.

View attachment 14050
Beautiful work, Kay and a great story. I have read about the Jackdaw of Rheims but that was a long time ago. I’m pleased to be reminded of it.

Back