Animal and Wildlife Challenge, March 2024

joe1It

Hello, and Welcome to the March 2024 ANIMAL & WILDLIFE CHALLENGE!

On the first day of each month various photos and a reference subject will be provided.

Please choose from the photos or the reference subject provided - or both! - to create an artwork in any medium, and in any style that you like.

Please use only the photos or the reference subject provided.

Please post your artwork on or after the 15th day of the month

- AND , if you wish, any WIP [works in progress] photos that you might have
taken while you were doing your artwork.
- AND, if you wish, any comments about it.

Please don’t post your artwork until the 15th day of the month [this is the ‘reveal’ day]

You can use this thread to discuss progress, but please don't tell us whether you chose a photo or reference subject before the 15th !!

You can continue to post your artwork from the 15th until the end of the month.

-------------------

We hope you enjoy the challenge, we're looking forward to seeing you !

This month's REFERENCE SUBJECT is 'animals that know how to make beautiful jumps'

Here are your photos - all from pexels.com, the first four photos always come from pexels, the photographer is Ellie Burgin, I don't remember the author of the subsequent ones, all the other photos have a different author :

pexels-ellie-burgin-19909884.jpg
pexels-ellie-burgin-20015800.jpg
pexels-ellie-burgin-20027538.jpg
pexels-ellie-burgin-20076297.jpg

Last edited:
Joe - Beautiful photo's . Thankyou so much for hosting ! :)
Cheers,
Patricia

Christel, you continue to amaze! I am partial to tigers, so that is my fave. The only small change I would add would be some darks at the base of the elephant, to ground it more.

Christel, fabulous work on all of these. Your baby elephant just looks like he’s jumping for joy. He’s my favourite.
Joy, wonderful painting of the European robin. The background really adds. Hopefully we’ll hear our North American robin’s singing soon.
I’ve never done a donkey before so thought I’d give it a go. On toned paper 7x9”, gouache.
IMG_3199.jpeg

Sandra, the donkey is wonderful and playful.
Joe, these are your best drawings yet! Very difficult subjects, especially the horse. They both came out really well. Really impressive!

Christel, awwww. The cub and elephant are so cute. The tiger is well done. You are accomplished in all media.

Joy, your bird is lovely and lively. Nice work.

Sanlynn, the donkey is great. I love donkeys.

joe1lt, your tiger and horse are splendid. I'm a horse lover.

These all make me smile this morning. Thanks.

Sorry everyone, another busy time this month for me, so nothing completed yet!
Christel - you are amazing with all your different media! Beautiful artwork!
Joy - Lovely watercolor of the Robin
Joe - Great digi drawings
Sanlynn - Love the expression on the Donkeys face!

Joy,Christel,Jo, thanks very much for nice words.

Jo,Horse,horses are wonderful animals, I have always liked them, lately I have really liked raccoons and particularly donkeys, these have always been the case, even as a boy, when I finished high school I thought for a moment that it would be nice to study something that could make me interact with these animals, they seem very sweet, peaceful and intelligent, so helpful, I'm sorry I didn't try or think more about it (I told my father about it but I shouldn't have, he discouraged and insulted me), at 25 I went back to studying choosing I do nursing but unfortunately I never finished and in a way that hurt me a lot. Who knows if I had finished or achieved something I would have crossed paths with them?. abandoning I moved while I waited but already. for a year now I've been called by an association that a volunteer told me about which didn't involve animals but through magic tricks (which was another old passion so when they put it forward I was happy) for a similar contribution. But I don't know if I would have done that either. but I shouldn't have wasted those years and not left the city, there could still have been many possibilities and even if absurd and painful things had happened I had to move to the same university in another location, instead I changed city and they wanted a vaccine that they no longer made from me and then I was stuck and resignedly resigned but I still shouldn't have

Back