Monthly Art Prompts - April 2023

Thanks. They were taken a lot of different places over the years. The first butterfly, the mailbox and the dogwood blossoms were taken in my Mother-in-Law's yard in Georgia. The second one in my yard when I lived in Warner Robins, Georgia and the third one in the butterfly house at Calloway Gardens in Georgia. The daffodils and the landscape with the bridge and azaleas were Calloway Gardens. The one with tulips was taken at a flower show in Atlanta, Georgia. The two flowering trees Macon, Georgia. The peach orchard with house Warner Robins, Georgia. The last two were taken at a place called Max Patch in South Carolina.
Lovely photos, Queen! I had forgotten we both lived in Georgia for many years. These shots will take you back there! Calloway Gardens is a special place. ❤️

Zen! You've packed a visual wallop here! Beautiful job, wonderfully trippy. ❤️

Lovely photos, Queen! I had forgotten we both lived in Georgia for many years. These shots will take you back there! Calloway Gardens is a special place. ❤️
I need to visit Calloway Gardens. I haven't been there in many years. It is beautiful this time of the year.

Path and Spring… first time using watercolor. On sketchbook paper..
“Yellow Brick Road”
ADBF38DB-1BD1-4E5D-A2AE-D4AC0D917141.jpeg

This was done this week with watercolor in a Canson XL 140 CP sketchbook, 11 x 7. Limited palette colors of Raw Sienna, Cobalt Blue, and Alizarin Crimson. The spring rain theme fit. I haven't really painted figures before, and am quite rubbish with reflections. Originally they were longer and it was just a mess.

IMG_0863.jpeg

This was done this week with watercolor in a Canson XL 140 CP sketchbook, 11 x 7. Limited palette colors of Raw Sienna, Cobalt Blue, and Alizarin Crimson. The spring rain theme fit. I haven't really painted figures before, and am quite rubbish with reflections. Originally they were longer and it was just a mess.

View attachment 29835
Actually, I think this came out quite well and you did a great job on the reflections. The surface definately reads as wet and reflective. Good job on the figures too.

Anne, thanks for the encouragement! It looks better to me today than it did yesterday when I was fiddling with it too much.

Joy: Great job on the spring rain painting. You did a great job on getting that "wet" feeling. I think your reflections in the water look good

View attachment 29835
I think you nailed these reflections, Joy! I'm glad it looks better to you today - no doubt you just had reached that "special stage" where you just can't look at it anymore. :LOL: The figures, the reflections, and the umbrellas all speak to a rainy spring day. It's wonderful!

Terri, your butterfly wing is beautiful. The oil pastels captured the softness of the wing very nicely.

Terri, Anne, thank you!
Terri, what a clever idea to do an abstract! Lovely.

Back