Monthly Art Prompts - April 2023

Gotta love that chubby cat, CaliAnn! Great concept for communication!
Larry thanks you for the nice comments, Kay, Anne, CaliAnn, Terri, AJ, and Jo!
Lamar, your Larry looks a bit sad...
Because after all his effort and enthusiasm, the ladies aren't fighting to dance with him :ROFLMAO:

This will match both Spring and Path.

This is another one I did for a challenge - the challenge was "literary quotes" and this is what I picked (never had read this book, though):

“’The Avenue,’ so called by the Newbridge people, was a stretch of road 4-500 yards long, completely arched over with huge, wide-spreading apple trees, planted years ago by an eccentric old farmer. Overhead was one long canopy of snowy fragrant bloom. Below the boughs the air was full of a purple twilight and far ahead, a glimpse of painted sunset sky shown like a great rose window at the end of a cathedral aisle.”

L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

The Avenue.jpg

Oil pastels, on 12x16" Pastelmat.

This is beautiful Terri, and fits the quote perfectly! The blossom stands out really well against that lovely purple sky. It's a very inviting scene. :)

Wow, Terri! I don't recall having seen this one. The green and purple are making my eyes dance! And something about those left hand foreground trees shouts "van Gogh" to me! I love it!

Thank you, CaliAnn, Triduana and Lamar! ❤️

And something about those left hand foreground trees shouts "van Gogh" to me! I love it!
Whenever I have the occasion to paint trees, you'll usually find a kiss to Vincent in there someplace. ;)

Communication. He many not need to say anthing but I think he sends out a strong message...DON'T MESS WITH ME!

20230416Sk7 Eagle Eye (WDE).png

Ink and watercolor in XL MixMedia sketchbook. 5"x5", about 2 hrs.

I started with a freehand sketch in pencil, added ink and then watercolor.

Back